Sunday, July 03, 2005

What’s the sword for?




The Prince of Peace said, I haven’t come to bring peace but a sword.
Peace isn’t some commodity that is doled out to us, but instead it is a Person, and that person Christ Jesus is to be revealed to us.

Who do you say that I AM?
Is it possible that the many things we attribute to “peace” have nothing to do with Him?
Is it possible that as the Truth confronts us and our stinking thinking that in the process of the Truth setting us free, it will make us miserable first?
Yes He is the lover of my soul, with a Godly jealousy, but anything that is rooted or founded upon lies, the Truth will confront.
Either the Truth is going to be my greatest friend or my worst enemy.
I need to clarify here that the Truth to me is inseparable from Him, the Truth, Life and Way of the Father, Jesus Christ.
There are so many words tossed around in Christendom that are synonymous with things that have nothing whatsoever to do with the reality of the Truth.

I love the story in Joshua where the angel of the Lord appears to him, as Joshua scrambles to his feet, he asks, are you for us or against us?
Joshua 5

13 Now it came about when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing opposite him with his sword drawn in his hand, and Joshua went to him and said to him, "Are you for us or for our adversaries?"
14 He said, "No; rather I indeed come now as captain of the host of the LORD." And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and bowed down, and said to him, "What has my lord to say to his servant?"
In today’s language He said, I’m here to take over, you pick a side.


And a sword will pierce even your own soul--to the end that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed.

Peace

Rich

No comments: