Sunday, November 20, 2005

It's Not My Fault


I had left "church", but didn't know why. I just knew I was sick of all the crap I saw and was a victim of.

"What could be done to fix all the problems we saw?" "How could things flow as smoothly as we saw in the New Testament?" "How come we can't get back to the new testament model of church?"

I'm not sure the word 'victim' fits in, in light of the many repeated warnings that are given, about not giving heed to 'another' gospel!
It is not about ‘blame,’ it has nothing to do with the IC (institutional church) or its man made leadership.
Was Adam/Eve, victims? Or, was it a choice they made with their eyes wide open so to speak?!
Was He not speaking, warning us in our journey? 'In the day you hear the voice of the Lord, harden not your hearts.'
How could any of us come to see the Truth in the person of the living Christ apart from being brought to see that 'we choose' a path that seemed right in our own eyes, but that path lead away from knowing Him, into a place of becoming very religious, which resulted in, having a form of godliness, but having no power.

It is of my opinion that until we come to not only seeing the reality of Christ in us the hope of Glory along with, It is no longer I that lives, but Christ, tempered with the knowing, (revelation) although re-birthed, us still having Satan in our flesh, it will continue to be the blame game.
Hey you wouldn't hit a person wearing their victim glasses would you?

Another gospel that bites us on the ass is this one. "How could things flow as smoothly as we saw in the New Testament?" "How come we can't get back to the New Testament model of church?"

Without a continuously growing revelation of Him being our only Life, (he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit) we gravitate towards models, types, shadows.
If in fact He IS the same yesterday, today, and forever, why are we looking to anything other than to Him today??? 'Today is the day of salvation.'
Most of churcianity is consumed with an external Jesus...reach out and touch the Lord as he passes by...or if He would only step down from heaven, then surely the gates of hell would fall. Or take me past the brazen alter into the Holy of Holies etc, etc.
What crap! Apart from being deceived, why do we insist on having a shadowy relationship with the Lord?

2 Corinthians 11: 1
I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! 2 I feel a divine jealousy for you, for I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. 3 But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough. 5 I consider that I am not in the least inferior to these super-apostles. 6 Even if I am unskilled in speaking, I am not so in knowledge; indeed, in every way we have made this plain to you in all things.

Rather than turning our eyes upon Jesus, we look to the past or the future, why, because He is seemingly nowhere to be found in the now of our daily living.Is it possible along with our other brothers and sisters we also need,
Ephesians 1

15 For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, 16 I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, 18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe,

Rich

No comments: