Monday, September 17, 2007

Not Them, Just Us



I found this quote from Jim Palmer's book, 'Divine Nobodies' most interesting..

'Maybe "us and them" is an illusionary tactic of the real enemy, and there is no "them" but just "us.

Does criticizing and blaming others serve to cover my own tracks of insult and injury in the world? Have I confused a war of words with rolling up my sleeves and actually doing something about all the issues and problems I claim to care about? Maybe demonizing people out there distracts me from the demons of pride and selfishness within myself.
In the fourth chapter of his New Testament letter, James asks, "What causes fights and quarrels among you?" Answer: "They come about because you want your own way, and fight for it deep inside yourselves."

I'm wondering if set free from that struggle deep within for worth, purpose, significance, meaning, and love, I could see people more through God's eyes. Jesus said that God "sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to set the burdened and battered free."

Maybe there's just one classification of people on planet Earth: imprisoned, empty, unfulfilled, broken people in need of life only Christ can give.

Without a doubt, one of the very best books I've read in years, I can hardly wait until his next book comes out soon...Wide Open Spaces

Rich

No comments: