Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Eye Has Not Seen




I love how my Father is able to use any and everything at His disposal to make known that which appears to be hidden from my sight. I am seeing more and more how Father has hidden things for us, not from us!

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, ‘Jim’s Blog’, and this was used to spark something wonderful from deep within….

“why can’t we approach more of life and all people as students or learners?
also, a friend of mine asked the question: can we choose contentment? if the answer is ‘yes,’ isn’t it insanity that we don’t.”

http://www.divinenobodies.com/blog/?p=294#comments

Is the residual effect of the Matrix still trying to shape, define me/my view of reality? Meaning, if I am in fact a whole new creation at the core of my being, maybe that living reality (the Way, Truth and Life) wants to be expressed in and through me.

In my situations and circumstances of life with its un-nerving, frustrating, perplexing, unsettling feelings happening most days, (didn’t he say, sufficient unto the day is the trouble you’ll face) there is in me a reality that is not trying to disprove what I'm feeling, but wants to truly define who I truly am?

For e.g., everything around me is screaming, if only I had this, or was over there, I would be able to find the ability to BE content!
The lies that seem to bind us, as if seeing and coming to know Him is outside of the very circumstances and situations Father has allowed in my life.

What if I were to right now in that which is pounding mercilessly upon my soul, simply speak out, Lord Jesus, You ARE my contentment!! Is that me choosing to be content, or am I learning to be, simply by experiencing and operating out of the grace available to me to have my mind renewed?( I’m really wondering more and more about the whole thing of, ‘faith without works is dead’ thing.)
Am I trying to make something magically happen, poof, zap, shazam, I'm all better because of what I DID?
Or, am I drawing upon an yet mostly untried, inexperienced, untapped source of power/reality wanting to make Himself known to me, not based upon circumstances or situations, and especially not based upon my efforts to make anything happen.

I’m not coming to any hard, fast conclusions about anything here in my musings, but I sense His spirit probing and prodding me, the real I from deep within and saying things like….

'I ask—ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory—to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers, oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him—endless energy, boundless strength!'

I remember hearing or maybe it was even me that said this once, (the adage goes, ‘You can’t teach old dogs new tricks’,) well, I’m not a dog, and the present, working reality of the cross, is no magic trick!

Rich

No comments: