Friday, October 19, 2007

Hope



I'm home today, I had the day off, but not a day of frolicking, no a very painful day (add that to the accumulation of other disturbing issues).
At 7:45 AM I had to be at the hospital to be briefed and prepped for a prostate biopsy, I get the results soon I hope.

I was just using the bathroom, (a most painful experience) and while sitting there, like a pungent stabbing I sensed Papa speaking His loving heart to me, (He so knows all of my fears and doubts I am struggling with) "I am awakening in you a new and living reality of who I Am, and all that you are going through is all part of that reality."

Amazing this unfolding reality of knowing (experiencing) the reality of His endless unconditional love, and how it so freely disarms the lies I have and do believe.

As I previously posted on my blog about the whole issue of 'experiences', maybe this is all part of what it means to move past the outer shadows and entering into this reality of, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth (heart) of the Father!

Rich

Some precious thoughts that I find comforting in the midst of the storm tossings I am in the throes of.
-----------------------------------

"If you do not cut the moorings, God will have to break them by a storm and send you out. Launch all on God, go out on the great swelling tide of His purpose, and you will get your eyes open. If you believe in Jesus, you are not to spend all your time in the smooth waters just inside the harbour bar, full of delight, but always moored; you have to get out through the harbour bar into the great deeps of God and begin to know for yourself, begin to have spiritual discernment."

Yet, in mainstream Christianity, many have earnestly attempted to reduce the irrefutable mystery of the life of faith into a safe, predictable, logical, formulaic framework. I believe these attempts overlook the fact that "Too much of our time is spent trying to chart God on a grid, and too little is spent allowing our hearts to feel awe. By reducing Christian spirituality to formula, we deprive our hearts of wonder."

Is it possible that the people would be more attracted to Jesus if those who claim His name became known for what they had discovered diving beneath the present surface of it all, and shared these new discoveries with others? Do you believe that there is any merit to the statement that, "Our modern preoccupation with producing and consuming leads us to live on the surface level of reality and to seek our satisfaction in the finite. But the sacred is known in the depths of reality, not in the manipulation and consumption of the surface."

"Hungering and thirsting for more, disturbs complacency, induces a blessed state of disquiet, and propels our unending exploration into the mystery of God in Jesus Christ."

"When we become aware that we do not have to escape our pains, but that we can mobilize them into a common search for life, those very pains are transformed from expressions of despair into signs of hope."

No comments: