Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Highest Rank


I love the visual illustration Jesus gave to those wanting to know who was going to have the highest rank in the kingdom of God. “For an answer Jesus called over a child, whom he stood in the middle of the room, and said, "I'm telling you, once and for all, that unless you return to square one and start over like children, you're not even going to get a look at the kingdom, let alone get in. Whoever becomes simple and elemental again, like this child, will rank high in God's kingdom. What's more, when you receive the childlike on my account, it's the same as receiving me.”

Lately another unexplainable thing has got me scratching my head as I go about my job delivering the mail. It seems that whenever I see a little boy standing on his driveway, or out by the curb as am delivering my parcels there is something mystical happening deep within me. It has happened enough times to solidly get my attention.
One little boy in particular a week ago or so was standing there watching me, he came closer to the end of his driveway and just stood there staring at me, I waved to him and as I did his face ignited into a full blown beaming smile, it melted my heart, but, and here is the thing that will sound so absurd. It was ‘as if’ I was waving to me as that little boy, somehow Father was healing, releasing something so long lost and forgotten in me that logically it was something I was going to try and dismiss.

I have no understanding about any of this, all I know is similar things keep happening to me, and there is a melting within me when I see a father out with his little son and other similar settings. I sense Father doing what is in His heart to free me up as a 59 year old man to enter into a whole new season of discovering his relentless pursuit of those many lost places He is finding in my heart and making whole within me.

Abba, I love you so much!

Rich

2 comments:

foretastes said...

Wonderful moments you're experiencing there Rich. Wonderful what Father is doing!

Rich said...

Dave,

Thanks, yes I agree. Being set free from the suffocating grip of fear permits one to see what is all around you, wow, what a view it IS!