Saturday, February 13, 2010

Heeding


At times God puts us through the discipline of darkness to teach us to heed Him. Song birds are taught to sing in the dark, and we are put into the shadow of God's hand until we learn to hear Him. "What I tell you in darkness" - watch where God puts you into darkness, and when you are there keep your mouth shut. Are you in the dark just now in your circumstances, or in your life with God? Then remain quiet. If you open your mouth in the dark, you will talk in the wrong mood: darkness is the time to listen. Don't talk to other people about it; don't read books to find out the reason of the darkness, but listen and heed. If you talk to other people, you cannot hear what God is saying. When you are in the dark, listen, and God will give you a very precious message for someone else when you get into the light.
After every time of darkness there comes a mixture of delight and humiliation (if there is delight only, I question whether we have heard God at all), delight in hearing God speak, but chiefly humiliation - What a long time I was in hearing that! How slow I have been in understanding that! And yet God has been saying it all these days and weeks. Now He gives you the gift of humiliation which brings the softness of heart that will always listen to God now. (By Oz Chambers)

"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself."

"Everything must be made as simple as possible. But not simpler."

"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." (Quotes by Albert Einstein)


Rich

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those Einstein quotes. Reading this made me think of a quote from that other sage, Pooh Bear,
"If I have trouble hearing you, perhaps there's a piece of fluff in my ear."
(I may have mangled it.)
Lord knows there's plenty of fluff in my ears that keeps me from hearing the simple.
I love those pics, btw. It speaks a huge message with a mere glance.

Māris said...

Daddy has mightily spoken through you!!! I was in the dark place yesterday and today He was flowing through me to bless a sister of Christ.

Rich said...

Theresa,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Fluff, hmmmm...in my opinion it's more of a very un-renewed mind (soul) that so badly needs the same grace that made us come alive in our spirit.

So much of the "salvation" experience was an event, we sadly in many cases refuse or at least balk at the rippling effects of that event that has to be worked out through a daily moment by moment 'process.'

I intend to put up some thoughts on this very soon, as I see many of my siblings horribly disqualifying themselves not knowing the Truth!

Rich said...

Maris,

So good to hear from you my dear Friend!
Wonderful He is in encouraging us isn't He?!