Sunday, March 09, 2008

It's Not Happening






Where there is a will, there is a way.
That adage has many spin offs attached to it, good and bad. I do believe there is a will and a way, not my way or your way (the right vs. the wrong way) but His way, aka Jesus~the Way! His will and Way work harmoniously together and needs none of my suggestions or assistance. He may indeed be the Ancient of Days, and it may appear that He has not put me on hold but in fact, has He forgotten all about me.
I love overhearing my boss (friend) saying from time to time while on the phone, 'you can put me on hold, but please don't put me on forget'!

Getting back to His 'way', there will never be a harmonious marriage between that which is born of the flesh and that born of the spirit. This is clearly highlighted in different places by the apostle Paul. Loosely paraphrased; 'even though one may be re-birthed, as long as the mind-set is on/of the flesh, the things of God will be utter foolishness to them, and to all intent and purposes could be perceived as merely a natural man without the Spirit.'

The foolishness of God causing the so called wisdom of man to be seen for what it is, an illusion. For i.g. 'The Prince of Peace says, "I have NOT come to bring peace but a sword, and I will BE the source of division and that reality will be visibly seen within the family unit."
"I've come to start a fire on this earth—how I wish it were blazing right now! I've come to change everything, turn everything right side up—how I long for it to be finished! Do you think I came to smooth things over and make everything nice? Not so. I've come to disrupt and confront! From now on, when you find five in a house, it will be— Three against two, and two against three; Father against son, and son against father; Mother against daughter, and daughter against mother; Mother-in-law against bride, and bride against mother-in-law."

I wanted to jot down a few of my own thoughts and tie them in hopefully with what Tina shared on her blog dealing with a very similar thought.

Rich

And then God had Abram waiting. A long time. And Sarai, his wife, started thinking maybe it was time to make something happen. So she told Abram in Genesis 16, "The LORD has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my maidservant; perhaps I can build a family through her."

Do you see how we take God’s promise of connection with fellow believers, and if we don’t see it happening, we take matters into our own hands? Perhaps I can build a family through…. my own works.

"And God let them go ahead with that plan, but it didn’t work too well. Ishmael, the child of the slave girl, became the father of descendants "too numerous to count," but they were not God’s chosen people. Finally when Abram was NINETY-NINE YEARS OLD, God said it was time. And Sarai laughed at God. Oh, now you’re going to tell me that it’s time for me to bear a child? Now? Do you know how long it’s been since…

Sometimes we might have to wait for our expression of God’s promise, in this case fellowship. Don’t be nervous. Don’t be concerned what they say about you. Don’t settle for the slave child, for Pete’s sake. Let’s keep reminding ourselves that a real move of God is worth waiting for".

We are in Jesus

No comments: