Friday, November 14, 2008

Myth-Understood


These lines from The Signature of Jesus speak of His doings in my life-that you Father!!

The pernicious myth “once converted, fully converted” creates the impression that in one blinding bolt of salvation Christ expects our lives to be freed from contradictions and perplexities. The curse of perfectionism triggers episodes of depression and anxiety.
Who will acquit us of guilt? Who will deliver us from the bondage of perfectionism and failures? Once again, it is the signature of Jesus that rescues us from ourselves.

The crucified Christ reminds us that despair and disillusionment are not terminal but signs of impending resurrection. What lives beyond the Cross is the liberating power of Love, freeing us from the ego-centeredness that says, “All I am is what I think I am and nothing more.”

Mature Christians are those who have failed and learned to live gracefully with their failure.

I love how Father spoke this to Brennan: “I expect more failure from you than you expect from yourself.”

Rich

No comments: