Sunday, November 09, 2008

An Opened Door


For this is the love of God that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.
Yikes, commandments, what’s that got to do with grace and living outside of a yoke, is there something I’m missing here?

Every prayer the Son of God prayed is going to come true, not one word will fall to the ground; it will accomplish that which it was sent to do!

The Father has opened a door for any and all to fully experience his offer of life in its abundance all revolving out of His heart of desire and intimacy with us.
I so appreciate how Father was making his heart more real to me from what I read here in Brennan Manning’s book, “The Signature of Jesus.”

Further along in his ministry, Jesus would say: “The Father and I are one,” indicating an intimacy of life and love that defy description. To Phillip he would say, “He who sees me sees the Father.” And again, “It is the Father living in me who is doing this work.”
Jesus is the human face of God, with all the attitudes, attributes, and characteristics of the Father.
So many Christians I know stop at Jesus. They remain on the Way without going where the Way leads them-to the Father. They want to be brothers and sisters without being sons and daughters. In them, the lament of Jesus in John 17 is fulfilled: “Father of all goodness, the world has not known you.”
As the Father loved him, so Jesus would love us and invite us to do the same. “Love one another as I have loved you
.”

Rich

No comments: