Friday, November 16, 2007

Born Free



It is so emancipating, actually experiencing, not just some flittermouse experience, but experiencing God the Father's total loving acceptance in his son Jesus Christ!

Some of this is being spelled out in a newly established and increasing freedom to share my thoughts on my blog, as we continue to journey together.
I don't ever get confused about what I'm doing or trying to do here, but simply wanting to express the unfolding discovery of what it might look like to begin to live Loved.

There are so many others so far advanced in their writing abilities, but I too have a story to tell, as it were, 'a work of grace in motion'.
In an upcoming post I intend to share even more personal stuff that I see Father freeing me to unwrap, only because of knowing at a greater depth His total loving acceptance of me.

I just read the recent entry on my brother's blog Jim Palmer, (Jim's Blog~the thoughts and life of just another nobody)
http://www.divinenobodies.com/blog/
and this so resonated within me, I had to make a second blog entry today.

Rich

"within us there is a presence…a presence we experience as Love…which is drawing us back from our disintegration, from our self-centeredness, from our misplaced attachments and dependencies, into the life of the Spirit, into the life of God, into the present reality of God’s kingdom. this process gradually rebuilds our nature and transforms our being from the inside out. most people don’t have difficulty imagining Jesus Christ having lived a life of perfect wholeness, integration, and oneness with God.

we do however doubt this as a possibility for ourselves. the scriptures speak of having the "mind of Christ" and "being in Christ" and "Christ in us" and sharing in "the life of Christ." what should we take from all this? practically speaking for me, these truths are telling me that the real "I" (or Jim) shares in the life of Christ, and this Jim united with Christ has the eyes to look upon this other Jim who often lives in this rut of past conditioning and all its hurts and fears, and the endless insanity born out of them. but united with Christ and sharing in that divine communion of love, i can look upon this Jim with compassion. and in love, i can let that Jim die so his suffering can end, which is the most compassionate thing i could do. all of my mental and emotional anguish is caught up with that other Jim. sure, the world is filled with difficulty and hardship, but it was mostly what that Jim did with it, which created the anguish and suffering. honestly, this way of life producing anguish and suffering must be doing something for me; otherwise, why i do i still hesitate, even resist letting it go.

but the voice of love progressively prevails.
within us there is a presence…a presence we experience as Love…which is drawing us back from our disintegration, from our self-centeredness, from our misplaced attachments and dependencies, into the life of the Spirit, into the life of God, into the present reality of God’s kingdom."

No comments: