Monday, November 19, 2007

Flashback: A Fatherless Generation


Some dialog between the characters Morpheus, and Neo from the movie, The Matrix.

You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth.Let me tell you why you're here.

You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but its there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me.

Do you know what I'm talking about? The Matrix? Do you want to know what it is? Yes.

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. What truth? That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind..
--------------------------------------------------------------------


If we have all been born into bondage, how can that be defined when all that has been accepted as being true, has been rooted in a lie from our earliest recollections.

I realize I am redundantly and relentlessly saying pretty much the same thing regarding the unconditional loving acceptance of God the Father, but please bear with me.
I’m going to attempt over the next couple of postings on my blog to wade into the depths of seeing this religious Matrix being pulled away from my eyes.

From the creation of man, it is my understanding that he was created without a nature, and in my opinion, the insidious lie that became the normative (operative) view of mankind after the fall in the garden, was us having a ‘human nature’, the ability to live as it were independently. If in fact we were without a nature, then maybe we were created to have one i.e. the very nature of God.
Because of the matrix being pulled (as it were) over the eyes of all born out of this rebellion that went down in Eden, God unfortunately has been sadly, badly characterized in and through the total warping of the very vessel He wanted to make himself known through.

For e.g., from the hand of Paul we have this... How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.

This is all a part of that leading up to my experience of last night, of the ‘flashback’ when our son was over for supper with his new girl friend,which will hopefully spill over into, a much deeper view of it all being part of this ‘fatherless’ generation, I, my son, daughter, and my wife are all part of.

This morning when I got up, my wife shared with me something that our son shared with her, while I was still in the computer room (last night) after they left from viewing some artwork my wife was showing him. Ironic thing being, it was during our supper time something had already triggered a flashback memory, most painful to me in my earlier interacting with my son. My wife went on to share with me some wonderful but painful news causing even more flashbacks……

Stay tuned for what that news was…..

Rich

No comments: