Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Catching Glimpses



I really like what Father is revealing to my brother Kent Burgess over at Faithfully Dangerous, http://nthegarden.blogspot.com/
Especially this recent post of his, (Vertigo) although if you were to read more of how Father is gracing Kent, there are other entries where he his speaking either directly or indirectly into this whole matter of disorientation, or vertigo, or seeming to loose ones sense of equilibrium.

After the dessert storm (shit kicking) I just went through, I can so relate to such a total loss of my equilibrium, or vertigo! I want to try and flesh out some of this in what I am seeing.

I want to throw this out for myself and whomever else reads here before I continue with what Father is drawing me into.
I am beginning to see in such vibrant strokes of His brush, His grace, gracing those he has called unto Himself, the colors are almost blinding, totally breath taking, and so full of His loving heart for all of humanity.
His life is being expressed in myriads of ways, through ordinary nobodies, leaving a wondrous and indelible stain upon this world and those in it. Little is Much, when He is in it.

I'm catching but glimpses of what is already mine, ours, (here me) glimpses I said. It is so important to see that it is only in part, that the best of us see anything, but seeing and knowing we are, and we're being brought into it's wealth.
Without the illumination that is present because of the Light Himself, the revelator, it would be very easy to run with what we see, like in trying to hoard todays 'manna', (grace), until tomorrow. Oh how we need Him!

For You light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darknessFor with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light.

Every word you give me is a miracle word— how could I help but obey? Break open your words, let the light shine out, let ordinary people see the meaning.

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

In the gospel of John, there is a point where Jesus strips himself of his attire, and clothes himself in the garb of a servant, he takes water, a towel and begins to wash the disciples feet, until he comes to Peter.
Peter is not going to allow Jesus to was his feet. Jesus says, Unless you allow me to wash your feet, you will have NO part with me.
Bear with me here, as I try to walk this out in my thoughts. Because of the fall, (all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God) what has settled over us is a complete and total blindness.
Maybe what Jesus was saying to Peter was, Unless I can lay my life down for you, unless I can become nothing in your sight, you will not become all that I have for you?

Everything we do is driven by our identity, and if we do not know who we are, and because there are no vacuums, someone will quickly give us one.
We can only be who God says we are, but if we do not know who we are, then who, are we going to be?
I see this washing being of utmost importance for then, as well as now in this hour. Is it possible that this washing is required to wash away the lies that we have all believed regarding who we think we are?

It talks in different places within the scriptures of us having been raised up and seated in/with Christ in the heavenly places. Talk about dizzying heights, well it only gets better.
Without the Father opening the eyes of our heart (washing away the crud that keeps us so earth-bound-seeing) we are at best operating separated from not only Whose we are, but who we are in Him.

There is a battle going on, in case you are not aware of that, (and Father continues to remind me of it all the time) and that battle is spelled out in its viciousness within our soul.
Here's a kicker for you to chew on, it says, (and all of this imo ties in with the vertigo) 'We are to set our minds on things above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

What I think I am seeing, is that all who have been rebirthed, are either seeing things from His perspective, what is already ours, or from a soulish-natural perspective trying to bring to pass through human effort His church and all that, that encompasses.
Is it any wonder there is such whacked distortions of not only who He is, but what and who His church is?
I want to stop here, but I ain't going away, my Father has started this process of opening my eyes, and I am soaking in all I can...more to come.

Rich

No comments: