Sunday, December 02, 2007

Prison Or Prism



As light passes, enters a prism, a spectrum results.

In my previous post, I spoke of the Matrix, in my opinion the Matrix is that which is operative in the lives of all people. It's basis of operation is because of the fall, and man acquiring the knowledge of good and evil.
A person can be born again, and yet still be very much a prisoner to this entity.

The thought occurred to me that much like a prism, light being refracted through a prism can open up a whole new previously unseen spectrum of colors. Maybe in coming to know (experience) the reality of the unconditional love of God the Father, we are released from the prison of the Matrix. In fact, is it possible that we become as a living prism, transmitting the multi faceted colors of His grace, love and acceptance to those still imprisoned within the Matrix, offering then love rather than joining a religion?

I believe it always was the love of God that would ultimately do what no external stimuli could do, fully animate, activate, and energize-release us to BE extensions of His love, aka, lovers. Remember, man was created without a nature. He had to be defined by a nature, and only His love was able to do that very thing.

I so enjoyed what I read today on Jim Palmer's Blog, 'Jim's Blog' (the thoughts and life of just another nobody) http://www.divinenobodies.com/blog/ 'There Are No Steps'.

"i received an email from someone who asked if perhaps in the next book (which i’m currently writing; yikes!) i would focus more on "how" i shed religion and began living in the "wide open spaces." i rolled it around a bit and was hard pressed to identify anything of my doing that could account for how my journey with God has been evolving these past few years. i don’t think i could write a book like "Seven Steps To Shed Religion and Be Free" because it hasn’t been that way for me. well, unless the steps went something like: Step One: Wake up, get out of bed, breathe, do whatever comes next; Step Two: Um…let’s see ahhh…see what happens next; Step Three: oh yeah, try to pay attention to what’s going on inside you; Step Four: and also, pay attention to what and who is happening around you".

So many not knowing the reality of the perfect unconditional love of this Father, will need something, someone to be that mediator between them and God other than the Man Christ Jesus. I am convinced that not knowing (experiencing this pure love of the Father, leaves us with only one other option, and remember there are NO vacuums, therefore, we will be subject to the Matrix, and life will only be defined through that lense, verses His love.
Living within the Matrix, like Jim alludes to in his article today, results in a 'how to, vs a WHO'!

I know I use many quotes and illustrations from the movie 'The Matrix', but I can't help myself, it is one of those things Father continues to give me insight into. One of the quotes that brought special meaning to me yesterday, was the one where Morpheus says to Neo, 'Welcome to the waste land of the real world'.
We are in this world but not of it Jesus says, and it is my contention that the only thing that will make living in the waste land of the real world (so to speak), is an ever increasing knowing of the Father's love, that which I was created for.

As C.S. lewis said, "God made us: invented us as a man invents an engine. A car is made to run on gasoline, and it would not run properly on anything else. Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself. He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.'' ~LOVE!

Rich

No comments: