Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Apart From Me

Visit my ministry web site at www.allyouneedtoknowandicanhelpyou.org Funny, can you imagine hearing Jesus or Paul saying, “I have produced a wide variety of resources to help you grow in your relationship with me, and if you don’t get them, you will flounder like a fish out of water, so do it just for the halibut.”

Where the early Christians a superior breed of believers without the aid of the plethora smorgasbord availability of ‘grace tools’ we have today, or was it that they simply availed themselves of the grace that was already theirs in Christ?

Was the message of’ Christ in you the hope of glory’ or ‘It is no longer I that lives, but Christ’ something that only became an experiential reality as long as there was some anointed Guru there to lead them in a twelve step program?

Is it possible that the Church Jesus is building would be flushed down the toilet if those with their successful ‘grace’ ministries were no longer able to speak into our lives? What would happen if I was to never read another ‘Christian’ book, listen to another pod cast, scroll down my list of blogs in my reader, or fail to connect with another believer other than my wife, would it look and sound like the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz when she was splashed by the water Dorothy threw on the Scarecrow, screeching out, “I’m melting, I’m melting.”

It’s wonderful to be able to read, listen and learn from so many avenues, but Jesus said, ‘Apart from me, you can do nothing.’ Is my increased knowledge of grace causing me to grow up in Him or is it retarding it?

Rich

No comments: