Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Can God be This Real




In hearing what Father was saying through Brad and Wayne on the last God Journey pod cast, (no need to validate) addressing an email sent to them from a brother/pastor Dave, from Alabama, I want to share what I am learning about that very reality.

Can God be that REAL, YES!
Wayne went on to say to Dave, ‘you may not hear from Brad or me, but you need to hear in your heart from the Holy Spirit that’s saying, yes!
Asking, Jesus would you just show me the way forward.

I love this thought from a brother, “Many catchwords are used by God's people, both Scriptural and homemade, to express the highest aims of their goal in God: some speak of the fullness of the Spirit, or entire sanctification, or power for service, or the baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire, or full salvation, or victorious living. All these are useful but we would like to speak the basic, simple all-inclusive word of Scripture, that was such a favorite with the Saviour: Eternal Life; or rather, just ''Life,'' for, as we shall see, nothing but this is Life. ''I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly,'' said the Saviour; and Moses put it in the plainest terms to Israel: ''I call heaven and earth to witness this day. . . that I have set before you life and death.'' Not a religion, not a philosophy, not a way of life called Christianity, but LIFE. And we are to discover that there is only one Life, all else is death. It is absolute in definition and experience, ''straight and narrow'' as the Saviour said; there are no deviations, no alternatives; and it is foolproof in every conceivable situation or problem. Also, being life, it is entirely natural, not something strained, or rather hopelessly aimed at; but just lived, and lived exuberantly.”

Without partaking of our birth right, feasting on Him, our loving Papa, the true bread from heaven, we will simply continue going through the motions, maybe even establishing a even better form, but lacking and knowing the substance of Him, our only Life.

I want to say this as well, unless the Father of my/your spirit definitively addresses you as His child, because there are NO vacuums, we will be defined by something or someone else, that’s a given.
Because of the ingrained imprinting of who we once were, born dead in our sins and trespasses, there is no way of escape from this no matter how much right scriptural, biblical good stuff we say we believe.
There must be revelation from one source, our loving Father, and in receiving a revelation of the One we are joined to, the Truth Himself, and as that true knowledge increases, that which use to bind us begins to loose its hold on us from the inside out.

So many believe in so much wonderful, great, true things, but without revelation, its but window dressing, simply a form of godliness.
Our Father wants to establish us in the truth of whom He is and who we are in Him.
How many of us as His children believe that what happened to our brother Paul was for him alone? The revelation that he received of Jesus was as he put it, not taught of/by men, and he did not receive it from men, but by His Spirit alone.
It was a revelation of Christ in him (Paul) as him, that he might share Him where ever he was directed by the Father.

There are two father’s operating within our lives, one, the Father of our spirit, the other, a usurping deceiver, the ‘father of lies within our flesh’.
Nothing can hinder or impeded the continued spontaneous intuitive flow of revelation into our lives apart from choosing to give a mind to the flesh, ‘the mind set upon the flesh is death!’

In my life He is becoming more and more a living sobriety.
As I was sharing with my friend Dave the other day, where it says in Proverbs 1:7, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of understanding, wisdom, or in Galatians where it says to, work out your salvation with fear and trembling. What if this fear thing was seen in the light of sobriety instead?
I took the bother of checking out the word ‘sober’ in the epistles of Paul alone, finding at least 12 different places being sober is mentioned, I think this is pointing to the One who IS our only sobriety!

This is getting way too long, so I will ramble on more, later.

Rich

2 comments:

Tracy Simmons said...

Rich, as I read these powerful, powerful words I was thinking to myself, "I wonder if Rich has any idea just HOW powerful these words REALLY are?"

It really is incredible how you are writing things using the very words, the very language that I'm just beginning to grasp in my spirit (and I do mean JUST beginning!).

Thanks--keep on saying what is in the post! Say it a thousand different way, but keep saying it. We need to hear it over and over and over again!

Rich said...

Tracy,

I so appreciate your encouragement, and yes, powerful is this Lover’s love we are diving into.
That thrills me beyond words Tracy, I so love how our dear brother Paul has put this, “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.”

It is His spirit according to Paul that has been freely given to us that we may know what has been freely given to us. The words He gives us are not words learned apart from His spirit, and as we are learning the language of the Spirit, we are being freed to combine these spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

Paul uses the word ‘wisdom’ 9 different times in 1Corithians 2, speaking of a hidden wisdom among those who are mature.

I love how our brother Peter in coming to understand the grace of God says in the closing moments of his life, “My departure is close at hand, I am going to put you in remembrance of that which I know you already know, I know you know, but I am going repeat saying it again and again.”