Thursday, September 04, 2008

The True Prophets



Although I am very much a morning person, having been up very late last night and knowing I could sleep in, still being on holidays, I could not lie in bed any longer.

I love how Papa speaks, moves, has His way with His kids and last night was no exception. There was brought back to my remembrance one of my favourite
scriptures while sleeping and deep in dream land.

Jesus said emphatically that he would make us witnesses unto Him, but has anyone ever grasped what that might encompass, especially with those who have never seen him in the flesh as those who walked and lived with him 2,000 years ago?
How does one witness this miracle of Jesus as the Christ without him being here today? Is he here today, let’s talk about it and see what we might just stumble into.

The quote I used above regarding the scripture brought to my remembrance while dreaming is brought into a different but as meaningful light here as well; “I fell at his feet to worship him, but he wouldn't let me. "Don't do that," he said. "I'm a servant just like you, and like your brothers and sisters who hold to the witness of Jesus. The witness (testimony) of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

In my in house involvement within the different religious clubs I belonged to, ‘prophecy’ was something that happened a lot in and through me, so I thought. Looking back now several years after all of this, maybe what is happening regarding prophecy is much like Paul said here; “When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.”

For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. This in my opinion is the heart beat, spirit of prophecy, being made to know, brought into an eye witness living encounter with this one who was dead but ever lives in heaven and in His church now today, which IS His body.

Man worship is the only viable option amongst Christians apart from seeing and knowing him, the man Christ Jesus. When he is seen, everyone else becomes mere shadows, and yet this man who will ever be God’s son is now being fully formed within the vast family He has birthed through out the earth. Jesus being the ‘first born’ of many sons to yet be.

I want to stop here for now using this eye witness account from one of his sons; “For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it;
and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions.
But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, was pleased
to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with flesh and blood.”

Hear me family, this is not being shared to wow us and to keep us thinking how special our brother Paul must have been to experience such wonders, this is to inform you and me that He is making Himself known experientially to any and all that hunger for the Truth, and not just a shadowy copy of the truth handed down from men wanting to make merchandise out of us, while exalting themselves.

Church be prepared to experience a shaking disturbance in your life designed by our loving Papa, without it, the best any of us will have is but a eulogy to a man called Jesus who once lived, but is now no longer here with us.

Rich

As a foot note, after reading from the Oz man, I wanted to include this here.

Our Lord makes a disciple His own possession, He becomes responsible for him. "Ye shall be witnesses unto Me." The spirit that comes in is not that of doing anything for Jesus, but of being a perfect delight to Him. The secret of the missionary is - I am His, and He is carrying out His enterprises through me.
Be entirely His.

No comments: