Thursday, January 08, 2009

Bending Toward the Light


“In Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life has set you free from the gravitational (law) pull of sin and death.”

My heart is so full right now, feasting upon this Living one who continues to resonate within me. As I shared with a friend recently, the one thing that continues to captivate my attention is how within the body of Christ, my siblings like wise are catching these inward glimpses of this exceeding and great treasure, Christ in us the hope of glory and how it is furthering their inner transformation.

It’s this inner transformation that I want to try and look at here and its implications of how we have been deeply infected and affected by the invasion of His life. I’m sure I will be writing much more on this, as I said, my heart is so full, much like a beggar child invited into a candy store and told to freely enjoy anything my heart desires.

It never ceases to amaze me how this spirit-union I/we have in Christ has at best been nothing more than great theology-doctrine, a topic of conversation, but so little enjoyed experientially. Please hear me I am neither criticizing nor beating anyone up over this, we have all had more than enough of this brutality and its crippling effects. There is no ability to “reckon” apart from receiving new light (revelation).

It takes what it takes to move us inwardly by Father using outward circumstances and situations to produce a desire to want to be set free from the inside (to be transformed) from those things which have kept us spiritually retarded.
“HOWEVER, BRETHREN, I could not talk to you as to spiritual [men], but as to non-spiritual [men of the flesh, in whom the carnal nature predominates], as to mere infants [in the new life] in Christ [unable to talk yet!]” (1Corinthians 3:1).

It took the better part of 400 years to bring the decedents of Jacob held in bondage to Pharaoh in Egypt to begin to “cry” out! “However, after a long time (And it came to pass in process of time) [nearly forty years] the king of Egypt died; and the Israelites were sighing and groaning because of the bondage. They kept crying, and their cry because of slavery ascended to God” (Exodus 2:23).
God heard their cry, but why did it take 400 years?

Eventually Israel was loosed from their exterior hellishness-bondage and led out for the purpose of being “led” into a “Promised Land,” (which should have taken about eleven days) but apart from only two of that original company-multitude, Joshua and Caleb, the rest all perished, disintegrated (wilted) in the wilderness.

Although this first generation experienced extraordinary-miraculous intervention right from the get-go until their demise in the dessert, there was no evident impartation of His miraculous life altering ability, to transform them from deep within.
This leads me to the thrust of my pondering on what I am beginning to see as “an out of body experience,” experiencing the resurrection reality in Christ that wants to flow out of my/our spiritual union.

"All over the world today there is an inward spiritual groaning for right relatedness to the stream of His will and authority. And what is happening? God has heard this cry! He is raising up those who see as Copernicus saw, and who will dare to challenge the authoritarian religious systems by insisting that man is only a related center, and not the ultimate center of all things. There is a forth coming living expression of proper relatedness unto Him that is making the religious gestalt very nervous. (From, Unto Full Stature). Once we sought deliverance only, but now we cry for inward development (transformation) first.

Rich

No comments: