Sunday, July 13, 2008

Living Loved


Not long ago my wife and I went to see the movie Wall*E, funny, the older I’m getting the younger I seem to feel, anyway, there was this one line from the movie where the Captain of this huge space ship said something that resonated within me: "I don't want to survive. I want to live!"

In sharing with a friend tonight this (living as the result of the life of another) came up and became a major part of our time of sharing, discussing, and pondering things such as life, and what it is ‘all about.’

If the original intent of God was to be a Father, then how could that become a reality apart from children? Well, we all know that He had/has a Son, the only begotten son, Jesus Christ, but maybe Jesus was but the ‘first born’ of many sons yet to come forth and ultimately fill the Father’s house.

If His loving design for us was to be alive and to live and not just merely survive (exist), then maybe it was not going to become a living reality apart from the miracle of another’s life placed within us to BE our ONLY life!

I want to throw this thought into this mix here for further and hopefully extended conversations with anyone who might choose to read from my thoughts here.
More often than not unless one is a ‘trained professional’ it is best to not try to do what you think you can do at home, ergo, the need to rely, depend upon another?
Here to the point is what I want to say, is it possible that for a very, very long time so many Christians have suffered, being emasculated by someone putting us in our place simply because we were NOT trained professionals when it came to spiritual things, discussions etc.
In other words, if we do NOT understand what we are talking about, then how dare we have the balls to start talking as if we did understand or know anything?

Maybe there is an understanding, (revelation) that flows intuitively out of the Life of the Father, or, the life of another that has become in fact our only Life.
As I shared with my friend tonight, I said, ‘Bro I really do not know how much of anything I truly understand in so many things I have shared with you, but I believe it all to be the truth nonetheless.'
Does that mean that everything I see-feel is the gospel truth, that nothing can be added or subtracted from what I say or see, of course not, but I have always believed it much easier to drive a bike while being on it than talking about bike riding while the bike is leaning up against the porch.

Getting back to this ‘life of another’ issue, maybe this is why so many things have been and continue to be at best just stuff that keeps us surviving rather than living, in not knowing that true, real living will only happen as a result of having the life of another being placed in us, and being led to its reality, not merely just a Jesus add on pinned on us.
I love how Paul so clearly makes this reality and its power up close and available for all.
Here, and here.
What more could there possibly be available to us through His death for us than to be reconciled, and the answer is enthusiastically spelled out; “we shall be saved by his life.”

I want to encourage anyone reading this to NOT let, allow, anyone to dumb you down into a fetal position of believing that you do not, can not live a spiritually vibrant romantic loving adventure in discovering His all for you apart or without their guru and exalted saintly status of directing you as someone who is so naive and ignorant.

This ongoing, unfolding revelation of being loved, and in turn living loved is in my opinion the out working of His divine design; “until we're all moving rhythmically and easily with each other, efficient and graceful in response to God's Son, fully mature adults, fully developed within and without, fully alive like Christ. No prolonged infancies among us, please. We'll not tolerate babes in the woods, small children who are an easy mark for impostors. God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love—like Christ in everything. We take our lead from Christ, who is the source of everything we do. He keeps us in step with each other. His very breath and blood flow through us, nourishing us so that we will grow up healthy in God, robust in love."

Rich

No comments: